Actress Sanya Malhotra
Young actress Sanya Malhotra started moving to Bollywood in supporting roles and not the lead role. She played famous roles in famous films like Dangal and Badhaai Ho. But eventually, it started getting better and bigger.
Some of her other films include Ludo, Shakuntala Devi, Pagglait and Meenakshi Sundareshwar.
Malhotra was born on February 25, 1992 and grew up in Delhi, India. She is a dancer trained in contemporary dance and ballet. After graduating from Gargi College, Malhotra participated in the reality show Dance India Dance and was selected in the top 100. She moved to Mumbai, where he began appearing in auditions and began assisting photographers for television commercials. Then the film’s director Mukesh Chhabra approached her.
Sanya Malhotra Carrer
- Malhotra was initially selected in an audition for Nitesh Tiwari’s biopic, Dangal, directed by Fatima Sana Sheikh, herself a newcomer to the industry.
- Before the shooting of the film began, Malhotra said in an interview that he did not know much about wrestling and that to suit his character he would watch various videos about wrestling, the way wrestlers talk, movement, their body language and discipline. they have done. Both Malhotra and Sheikh went on to the fifth round, training and mentoring Tiwari and Aamir Khan for the film.
- They were reportedly trained personally by Kripa Shankar Patel Bishnoi, the trainer and wrestler. Malhotra’s debut film went on to become the highest-grossing Indian film of the time.
- It went on to gross $250 million worldwide, or nearly Rs 2,000 crore. Malhotra’s performance was praised by various critics, with renowned Indian writer, film critic and journalist Anupama Chopra saying that Malhotra gave “strong support” to the film and the story.
- The following year, he went on to choreograph “Sexy Baliye” for the action film Secret Superstar, which starred Aamir Khan and Fatima Sana Sheikh, his former co-stars. He didn’t appear in any big or small movies for two years.
- After Dangal, she starred in Vishal Bhardwaj’s 2018 film Patakha, opposite Radhika Madan’s new film. The film is based on the short story Do Behnen by Charan Singh; it tells the story of two sisters in a war in Rajasthan.
- In order to properly prepare for the film, he and Radhika Madan will meet the real motivations behind the characters, so that they can match their character and role. Both stayed in Ronsi village, which is near Jaipur. There, they learned the Rajasthani dialect for their work and tried to adapt well to the village way of life. They learned the dialect, plastered the walls with cow dung (a common practice in Indian villages), practiced and traveled long distances carrying and preparing matkas filled with water. ‘head and waist. The water weighed about 10 kilograms. The film was again well received and critics like Raja Sen praised Malhotra calling him “a fearless actor”.
- In 2018 itself, he had a supporting role in the film Badhaai Ho, which stars Ayushmaan Khurana. The film directed by Amit Sharma was a commercial success and received critical acclaim.
- In 2019, he starred in the movie, along with Nawazuddin Siddiqui. This deal involves a street photographer named Rafi, who keeps trying to get a student named Miloni to marry him so that his grandmother will stop pestering him to get married.
- The film premiered at the 69th Berlin International Film Festival and earned Malhotra her first nomination for the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
- 2020 saw the release of two films for Saniya Malhotra.
- First, he starred in Shakuntla Devi, which was released on Amazon Prime and Netflix due to the COVID-19 pandemic. She played the role of the daughter of Shakuntala Devi (played by Vidya Balan), named Anupama.
- Critic Mike McCahill of The Guardian praised Malhotra’s performance and said his character was “quietly touching” in his supporting role. His second release of the year, Ludo, the dark comedy directed by Anurag Basu received mixed and positive reviews for its cinematography, acting, acting, direction, etc.
- The film went on to receive 16 major nominations at Filmfare, such as Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and more. Malhotra received a nomination for the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress.
- In 2021, he acted in two films. Her first release was a dark film titled Pagglait, where she was seen playing the role of a widow who discovers her late husband’s infidelity.
- He received a Best Actor nomination at the Filmfare OTT Awards. Her next release of the year is Meenakshi Sundareshwar, a romantic drama, which features Abhimanyu Dssani as a newlywed. The film was not well received and was criticized for its portrayal of Tamils. In 2022, he starred in Love Hostel, a ZEE5 drama based on an honor killing. The film received positive reviews. For the year 2023, he should play in Kathal, a satirical film from Netflix; Jawan opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the biopic Sam Bahadur with Vicky Kaushal.
Some know the truth about Sanya Malhotra
- During his childhood, he had a stuttering problem, which She overcame with time.
- She has always loved dancing and is a trained ballet dancer. As a child, she was fascinated by Bollywood award shows and also showed talent in acting and acting in Delhi.
- In 2013, after graduation, she reached Mumbai to participate in Zee TV’s dance show “Dance India Dance”, but did not crack the top 100. Although she gave up her dancing ambitions after not participating in ‘Dance India Dance’, she stayed in Mumbai to test her mettle as an actress and started doing various campaigns.
- She became famous in the big hit of 2016 – “Dangal”, where she played the role of Babita Kumari, daughter of Mahavir Singh Phogat. Babita Kumari was the gold medalist in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- She beat about 10,000 girls in the audition to get the lead role of “Babita Kumari” in “Dangal.”
- He and Zaira Wasim, Fatima Sana Sheikh and Suhani Bhatnagar used to stay together in Aamir Khan’s former house in Mumbai for 6 months during the filming of “Dangal”.
- After finishing “Dangal”, he worked for a while as an intern at “Aamir Khan Productions”, where he learned the skills of pre-production, post-production, background music and VFX. He became a choreographer for Aamir Khan in his film production “Secret Superstar” (2017).
- She is a cat and dog lover.