Indian Bollywood Actress Richa Chadda
Richa Chadda is an Indian actress who works in Hindi films. After making her debut in a small role in the comedy film Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, her breakthrough came in 2012 with her collaboration with the black gangster saga Gangs of Wasseypur, where she played the role of the brutal wife of a She was defeated by a criminal. Movie Awards. In 2015, Chadda made her debut in the lead role in the film Masaan.
Indian actress Richa Chadda was born on December 18, 1986 in Amristar, India and she is now 36 years old. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She was born into a family of businessmen. Also, he was born to his father Sonesh Chadda and mother Kusum Chadda. Her father Sonesh is a businessman and his mother Kusum is a professor at Delhi University.
Going into her training, Richa completed her high school education from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya in New Delhi. After that, She joined St. Stephen’s College, Delhi and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in History. Similarly, Chadda holds a PG degree in social media from Sophia Polytechnic.
He directed Dibakar Banerjee’s 2008 film “Lucky Man!” Good luck Hey! ‘Made her debut as Dolly in a supporting role. He appeared as Fedora in the 2010 comedy film Benny and Babloo. During this time, She acted in the Kannada film ‘Nirdoshi’ which was released in 2010 after a delay of almost 3 years.
In 2012, She played a major role in Anurag Kashyap’s crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1. The film premiered at the 65th Cannes Film Festival and received worldwide acclaim for its performance.
She reprized her role as Nagma Khatoon in the upcoming film “Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2”. The film was screened at the Cannes Film Festival and the prequel at the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs de Cannes. He received a Filmfare Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor and a Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor.
Richa’s first release in 2013 was the comedy film “Fukrey” directed by Mrighdeep Singh Lamba, in which she portrayed a tough-talking woman, Don Bholi Punjaban.
Richa then appeared in an episode titled “Epilogue,” an anthology film directed by Anurag Kashyap. She appeared in a supporting role as Rasila in the film “Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela” directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, an adaptation of the Shakespearean tragedy Romeo and Juliet. Richa received a nomination in the IIFA category for Best Supporting Actress for this role. Richa then appeared in the 2014 film “Tamanchey” directed by Navneet Behal as Babu. Her performance received mixed reviews for the film. He worked with Mira Nair, the director of the Mexican-American anthology film “Words with Gods”, directed by nine different directors. Richa plays Meghna in the episode called “God Room”. It was out of competition at the 71st Venice International Film Festival.
After a big success for the movie “Masaan”, his next movie is “Charles Sobhraj, Main Aur Charles”, which is a biopic. She shot Charles’ girlfriend.
In January 2016, Richa appeared as a social journalist in the film “Chalk n Duster”. He later appeared in the biographical film Sarbjit based on the life of Sarabjit Singh. She played the role of Sukhpreet and shared the screen with Aishwarya Rai and Randeep Hooda. The film received mixed reviews from critics, but was a commercial success.
In 2017, Richa starred in the Indian web series “Inside Edge”, in which she played the main character of a struggling actress. In the same year, the film was “Jia Aur Jia”. The film received negative reviews from critics and did not do well at the box office. After that, she reprized her role as Bholi Punjaban in the film “Fukrey Returns”, the highly anticipated sequel to the 2013 film Fukrey. The film received more positive reviews from critics and became a major commercial success.
Her Personal life
In 2006, Chadha directed and wrote a 20-minute documentary titled “Rooted in Hope”.
In 2008 she participated in the “Gladrags Megamodel Contest”.
In May 2016, Chadda revealed in an interview to NDTV that she had been suffering from bulimia (an eating disorder) for several years and had recovered after seeking professional help from a psychiatrist.
Describing her eating disorder and patriarchy, the misogyny and prevalence of “male gaze” in entertainment, she encouraged other women to go public with their own (patriarchal) eating habits. and mental disorders and called for the destruction of ‘ways of thinking’. that oppressed women. She was in a relationship with Ali Fazal. She currently resides in Mumbai. Richa Chadda discusses B.R. Ambedkar as his icon.
Facts about Richa Chadha
- She was born in Amritsar and grew up in Delhi, India.
- Richa started her career as a model and later ventured into films. He has done various films in India as well as in Pakistan. To improve acting skills, he decided to train under the guidance of Barry John (British, director and Indian film teacher). Chadha worked as a director and screenwriter for the 2006 film, Rooted In Hope. The film is 20 minutes long, with an estimated budget of INR 10,000, released on June 15, 2006. She won the “Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress” for her role in the 2012 film, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- According to Glamsham’s interview, she revealed that she worked as a writer for a magazine before she started acting. He also interviewed Abhay Deol. Then he was in his movie – Oye Lucky! Good luck Hey!
- He says that he trusts everyone easily, so he is often deceived. Her family did not support his decision to become an actor.
- In February 2022, he revealed that he lost 15 kilograms of body weight in 3 months. In 2021, together with Ali Fazal, She created his own production company called Pushing Buttons Studios.
- B R. Ambedkar is its icon. Richa earned INR 2,00,000 for the film Gangs of Wasseypur, as revealed by the film’s director Anurag Kashyap in August 2022.
- In November 2022, Richa faced criticism after tweeting about the Indian Army. He had tweeted “Galwan saying hello”, for which he later apologized.