Biography of Shikha Pandey
Shikha Pandey was born on May 12, 1989 in Karimnagar, India. She is an Indian cricketer, who played for the Indian women’s cricket team. She is a versatile player, playing as a right-handed and right-handed batsman. Shikha Pandey made her international debut in a One Day International against England on November 16, 2014 and her first Test match against England on August 13, 2014.
Shikha Pandey’s life is not the usual story of women cricketers that we often hear about. The girl was not eager to play cricket, but her family did not allow her. Instead, she was the girl who was always very interested in her studies.
It was his father, Subash Pandey, who gave him a plastic bat when he was only 5 years old. Since then, Shikha has always been interested in cricket. But he never thought that he will become a cricketer one day. Born in Andhra Pradesh, his family moved to Goa when he was very young.
Pandey excelled in education. In his free time, it is safe to bet that Pandey will study. A bibliophile often has a good academic record to be proud of. He scored more than 90% in his secondary and high school exams. Since most of the students in his school come from military service families, Pandey’s school has an association with the Indian Air Force.
It happened at a time when Pandey was deciding on his higher education. She forced himself on the idea of joining the Air Force and cricket took a back seat with subtlety. She devoted all his time to his dreams. To facilitate this, he enrolled for a degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering at Goa College of Engineering. As he did in his school, Pandey also got good grades in engineering.
Journey of Shikha Pandey
Shikha made her debut for Goa in 2004. Taking a year off turned out to be a smart decision, as Shikha had a fantastic off season. Former cricketer and selector, Surekha Bhandare, noticed him as soon as he started playing state level cricket. Bhandare, with an experienced eye, immediately recognized how extraordinary his talent was. She meets Shikha’s father and asks him to send her to Mumbai for further training. Shikha has played many interstate tournaments for Goa. She became a member of the group. In addition to good operations in the woods and it also used his engineering.
Purnima Rao, the former Indian captain, also encouraged Shikha to play professional cricket. Rao was a selector when Shikha started playing domestic cricket. His faith in Shikha motivated him even more. Shikha participated in the President’s Board XI match against West Indies and England. Once the cricket season passed, Shikha means for his air test. He cleans them! Fortunately with Shibsha, the air-in-airers make sports coaches in charge of a sports plan. It was ten years so that he made his debt nation. In March 2014, it happened to me at T2 of Bangladesh. It is at the beginning of test and shortly. By representing the city, he got the machine that is only a second girl to be part of the country. Dilip Sardesai holds the distinction of being the first.
Indian cricketer Jhulan Goswami has been Shikha’s biggest inspiration since she started playing cricket. Shikha is perfect in the moon when it has a chance to open Gooswami. “We are happy that we have both of them. Any youngster who wants to be a medium-pacer would dream to train and bowl alongside Jhulu (Jhulan Goswami) di. When I got my India cap, I got it from her, in Bangladesh before the World T20 in 2014. I have been fortunate enough to bowl alongside her.
In every practice session in which we bowl in tandem, she has inputs,” Shikha told ESPNcricinfo. Her pets also have good things to say about it. He told Essn at an interview: “It’s one of my players playing on my work. What he did, I give him, shiktha would think about and try to put it in his power.
Interesting facts about Shikha Pandey
- Shikha Pandey became the first player to play for Goa at the age of just 15.
- Shikha was a good student during her school and college days. He scored more than 90% in SSC and HSC board exams.
- Shikha received offers from three international companies in 2010 after graduating as an engineer, but turned down the offers to take a year off to focus on cricket. Shikha Pandey joined the Indian Air Force in 2011 and was appointed as a Trainee in 2012. In 2020, she was appointed as a Squadron Leader. Shikha is the Sports Authority of India (SAI) coach Nitin Vernekar.
- Shikha is the only girl in the Under-16 and Under-19 sections while playing with the boys. Shikha took four wickets in her first match in the Rani Jhansi Trophy. Shikha scored three half-centuries in the Under-19 category helping them qualify for the zonal team. Shikha was appointed to the Board’s President’s XI when he played against England and West Indies in India and his first wicket was Charlotte Edwards although the match was illegal.
- Shikha is the first player after Goa’s Dilip Sardesai to go for India. The 33-year-old is also the first player from Goa to feature for India in the ODIs as well as the T20Is. Shikha became the first player from Goa to play for Goa at national and international level.
- Shikha is also affectionately referred to as Shikhipedia due to her extensive knowledge of the sport.